- Zeughausmesse, Foto: Berliner Volksbank/Peter Adamik
Conditions for participation | Zeughausmesse 2020
- The following services in the framework of the Zeughausmesse Modern Crafts Fair in the KühlhausBerlin) are provided by the organiser: a space with or without a sales table (depending on the booking), as well as a basic supply of light and electricity. Furnishings for the open spaces have to be agreed with the event designer.
- The organiser provides the necessary print material for event publicity (invitation and poster). Invitations are sent out approx. three weeks before the event to approx. 4,000 addresses. Each exhibitor receives 100 advertising cards for the Fair to hand out to their customers, and 10 invitation cards for the event’s opening celebration, to be sent out at the exhibitor’s own expense.
- The organiser takes over-all responsibility for public relations.
- After admission to the event the exhibitor agrees to pay a participation fee (for itemised prices, see registration). This amount is payable within 14 days after receipt of the invoice. If the participation fee has not been credited to the organiser’s account within this period, the organiser reserves the right to cancel the contract and exclude the exhibitor from the Zeughausmesse – Modern Crafts Fair.
- The exhibitor provides all materials needed for the preselection process and for public relations. All materials/advertising media handed over to the organiser are only to be used for the specific purpose agreed in this contract. For further or different uses the organiser’s prior consent is required.
- In the framework of public relations regarding the event the organiser will select 15-20 picture motives (photographs) for distribution to the relevant publications from all material sent in by exhibitors. Establishing selection criteria and the selection of the picture motives is solely the organiser’s responsibility.
- The content of this agreement is confidential. Access by thirds parties is only permitted, if the implementation of the contract requires disclosure to a third party, or if there is a legal duty of disclosure.
- Without the organiser's prior written consent the exhibitor is not allowed to transfer the rights and duties resulting from this contract, or the exercise of these rights and duties, either completely or partially to a third party.
- Any amendments or additions, as well as special arrangements regarding this contract have to be made in writing. This also applies to the lifting of the clause stipulating the written form. No special arrangements have been made.
- Should any single clause or several clauses in this contract be ineffective, invalid or incomplete, this does not affect the remaining contract's effectiveness. In this case the parties commit themselves to replace the ineffective or invalid clause, or fill the gap in the contract respectively by an arrangement that that will enable the parties to achieve the pursued economic purpose.
- The location of fulfilment of contract and the area of jurisdiction is Berlin.
Invitation to Tender
The invitation to tender is addressing applied artists, artisans and designers of all directions. Participants are selected by an expert jury.
Modern Craft Award
Four Modern Craft awards will be given at Zeughausmesse. An expert jury will select the award recipients from among the participants of Zeughausmesse 2020.
Cancellation | non-participation
After the binding registration and admission a release from the contractual relationship is no longer possible. If the stand area can be let otherwise, a flat rate of 25% of the participation fee is levied to cover any incurred costs. If the stand area cannot be let otherwise, the participation fee has to be paid in full.
Occupation of the sales stands
Occupation of the stands will take place on the 11th an 12th of November. More detailled informations will be made available in time.
The jury will begin their walkabout at about 2 pm. The fair opens its gates to the public at 2 pm.
Exhibitors will receive relevant information regarding displays and delivery of exhibition pieces at KühlhausBerlin in time.
Storage of containers and packaging
Exhibitors will receive relevant information regarding storage space for their packing materials and/or additional exhibition pieces in time.
Fire safety regulations
We would like to draw your attention to the fire safety regulations for the KühlhausBerlin. Neither the stands themselves, nor the materials below the stands must be made from flammable materials. Any stands brought in by the exhibitors themselves made of flame retarding materials have to be accompanied by a manufacturer’s certificate regarding ‘Brandschutzklasse B1’ (Fire Safety Category B1) which has to be presented to the KühlhausBerlin fire safety officers. This means in practical terms: Any metals, glass and stone (A1) are considered safe without certificate. Wood & textiles are only admissible with a B1 treatment and certificate. Carton, paper and polystyrene (even as a doll/dummy) are absolutely banned. The packaging materials needed for items sold can only be stored in small quantities under the table in a non-flammable container with a lid.
Setting-up: 15 th November 2020 from 6 pm on. It is not possible to start setting-up before 6 pm.
Opening times for visitors
The Zeughausmesse will be open to visitors from 2 pm - 6 pm on 12 th November from 10 am - 6 pm on 13 th and15 th November, and from 10 am - 9 pm on 14 th November (half an hour earlier and half an hour later respectively for exhibitors). The opening celebrations for invited guests will take place on 12 th November from 7 pm - 9 pm. On 14 th November 2020 from 6 pm to 9 pm there is an Open Evening. The entry to the Zeughaumesse is free on the Open Evening
Event organiser, event, event venue, and event date
The Zeughausmesse is organised by the Berufsverband Angewandte Kunst (Professional Association for Decorative Arts) , www.akbb.de
It is due to take place from 12 th – 15 th November 2020 in the KühlhausBerlin, Luckenwalder Straße 3, 10963 Berlin, Germany. The German Museum`s courtyard - the usual location reserved for the Zeughausmesse up to now - is currently being renovated. The event organiser is represented in the KühlhausBerlin with an information stand.
The entry fees for visitors to the Zeughausmesse are as follows: 8 Euros for adults, 4 Euros for discounted tickets. Childrens/adolescents under 18s are free of charge. Discounts apply to the following groups of people: Scholars and students (only upon producing valid identification documents issued by their respective institutions), unemployed individuals, federal voluntary service participants (Bundesfreiwilligendienst), holders of Berlin Pass, as well as disabled persons (with 50% or more Mde according to German Law). On 14th November 2020 from 6 pm to 9 pm there is an Open Evening. The entry to the Zeughausmesse is free on the Open Evening.
The registration/application period for the Zeughausmesse 2020 ends on May 31th 2020. The decision regarding the admission of an exhibitor or an exhibit, as well as the exhibitor’s location at the Zeughausmesse is at the organiser’s discretion.
Stand sizes and set-up
The stand size is specified on the application form. The stands are set up and broken down by the organiser. Lighting for the illumination of the stand is also provided by the organiser. Set-up of exibitors displays will take place on the 11 thd and 12 th of November 2020. More detailed information will be made available in time.
In view of the professional character of the event the direct sale of exhibits or objects from the exhibition stand is specifically welcomed.
In order to preserve the over-all image of the event and to protect the exhibitors from improper actions, the following advertising measures are not permitted:
The distribution of printed papers in the corridors and halls of the KühlausBerlin.
Acoustic and optic performances without prior registration and permission.
Events during the opening times within and outside the event venue.
The organiser is entitled to effect the removal from a stand of an exhibit whose exhibition is not compatible with the exhibition programme. Advertising either for political or philosophical purposes is not permitted. In case of grave violations against the conditions of participation the organiser is entitled to have your stand closed down or evicted.
The organiser executes the house law within the KühlhausBerlin within the framework of the event.
Besides the house rules of the KühlhausBerlin, which can be viewed at the information stand at Zeughausmesse, the following rules apply, in particular:
- The causer is liable for damage to the building and fixtures.
- It is forbidden to move the planters and benches in KühlhausBerlin.
- Emergency exits, as well as access to fire extinguishers and smoke detectors may not be covered, closed off or blockes in any way.
Liability | insurance
The organiser does not accept any duty of care for brought-in exhibition goods, for stand equipment and for objects which are in the possession of persons staffing the stand.
Any liability for material loss or damage is excluded, if the risks can be insured. The liability for premeditated or grossly negligent behaviour remains intact. This liability exclusion is not limited by the safeguarding measures implemented by the organiser.
In the framework of liability any legal rules regarding the burden of proof remain, they are not altered by this clause. We recommend taking out an exhibitor’s insurance; furthermore you can order special safeguarding measures.
As an exhibitor you are liable towards the organiser for any damage that you, your staff members, your co-workers or any third parties instructed by you, or any other third parties, whose services you may employ to discharge your obligations may culpably cause the organiser.
The organiser is entitled to suspend, shorten, extend or cancel, as well as temporarily or permanently, or partially or completely close the event, if unpredictable events such as natural disasters, war, unrest, strikes, break-down of, or obstruction of traffic and/or communication facilities necessitate such measures. In the case of a suspension, shortening, extension or closing of the event you are not entitled to receive indemnity for any resulting loss.
If as a result of such a measure it is not in your interest to participate, and you therefore surrender your occupation of the stand area assigned to you, you are entitled to withdraw from the contract. The withdrawal must be declared in writing immediately after receiving notice of the change. In this case the payment of the flat registration fee is no longer applicable. In the case of withdrawing from an event the organiser is not liable for any loss and/or other disadvantages resulting thereof. You are liable to pay a proportionate amount of the cost incurred by the event preparations, if this is demanded by the organiser. The amount of the rate payable by each exhibitor will be set by the organiser following a hearing of the economic organisations affected. By signing the registration form and accessing the admission statement you accept the organiser's conditions of participation, as well as all further clauses relevant to the contractual relationship as binding.
Project Director, Application:
Rainer Wiencke, Am Friedrichshain 10, 10407 Berlin, Germany
Tel. +49 / 30 / 42804235, Fax +49 / 30 / 42804234,
r-wienckezeughausmesse [dot] de
Friederike Maltz, +49 / 1520 / 658 64 45, f-maltzzeughausmesse [dot] de
Dorothea Schutsch, Tel. +49 / 30/ 34 70 59 72, t-schutschzeughausmesse [dot] de
Organisation, media and public relations:
Sigrid Kohn, Tel. +49 / 30 / 84 72 49 17, s-kohnzeughausmesse [dot] de